• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zebra Imaging’s realistic holographic

very nice!!

http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/z...lays-20100215/
    show me the money!!

Sweet. I wonder if they're be able to store/display short animations; sun studies for example.

Comment

We had a whole bunch of samples sent to us from them. It's pretty impressive overall. There isn't 'animation', but you can do some sequencing. It's done by viewing angle. So you can show different phases of a project by moving the print around. Problem is, the person across the table from you sees something completely different and if you try to explain what you're looking at it's hard to tell what they're seeing. The best way to do phases we noticed, was to use layered transparencies over top each other. Each layer will still show as 3d and it works really well for presentations. Only other problem is, you need an LED light source (or single point light). We tried it with all kinds of lighting and the LED light they sent us was the only thing that worked at all. Luckily, you can get an LED flashlight from nearly anywhere for about $5 US.
      It's a pretty promising technology, but I don't think it's a total game changer. More like another tool for your tool-set. A great piece to leave with clients, if you can afford to. Also great for hanging art since you have to have a light source, you can just mount a light source on the wall. They can be pretty pricey. Oh, and your head starts to hurt after staring at these things for hours on end like we had to. lol!
      -Chippy

Comment

Ah. I wonder how their process varies from what RabbitHoles does.

Comment

The Zebra prints are seriously cool and quite impressive, I saw a bunch of the monotone green print samples they had down at OTC (Offshore Technology Conference) in Houston last week but they are very expensive as with any newer technology. Their prices are close to the same as RabbitHoles as you will be paying about $2000 to $4000 for a print of almost any size...

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

what kinda file would you need to send them to get something like that city

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Off their site:
              ... For architecture and other applications Zebra has successfully accepted many three-dimensional digital file formats including those exported by Catia, Maya, Alias, 3D Studio Max and AutoCAD software. After Zebra receives a 3D digital model, the customer specifies the size, color, and flexible vs rigid, and opaque vs transparent mounting options for the hologram...
              I'd be inclined to wonder how 3rd party renderers will affect that workflow though.

Comment

Working...
              X